Our Product Designer will work as a member of BrandProject’s interdisciplinary team in our Toronto office to create, test and refine new business ideas.
The successful candidate will be a visionary with entrepreneurial passion, a designer with rapid-prototyping skills, and an expertise in user-centric product creation.
This role requires a unique blend of skills. The candidate needs to quickly understand context- developing insights while exploring and defining opportunities. They will develop strategy, create tangible design expressions, communicate vision and help new ideas go to market. The candidate will lead fast design sprints and continuous user testing of new product concepts.
The successful candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary team, which will vary from project to project.
The successful candidate will:
- Design new products, services and consumer experiences
- Use discovery-driven planning to prototype new business ventures
- Develop business models that enhance revenue opportunities
- Test and refine compelling value propositions for consumers
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience in business model design, analysis and implementation
- Operational experience taking offerings to market (startup experience ideal)
- Business experience in Product Development and User Centered Design
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in related role
- Proven capability to design beautiful web/mobile experiences
- Experience with diverse work cultures
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary design teams
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Insatiably passionate about design, product creation and startups
BrandProject builds, buys and makes seed stage investments in disruptive consumer products and technology. With it’s impressive team of seasoned entrepreneurs based in Toronto and New York City, the company invests in and mentors consumer-focused companies across North America, while also incubating products and brands internally. BrandProject has invested and helped build innovative new brands including Awake Caffeinated Chocolate, The Coveteur, BRIKA, SurfEasy, Rumble Supershake and Hello Products. Find out more at www.brandproject.com. To apply, please send resume/portfolio to email@example.com